Sunday, April 29, 2007

Current Intermediate Term State of the Equity Markets

I had posted this chart earlier and it seems to have more and more relevance as time goes on.
The equity market would have been in much better shape had it corrected a while back, but it has over-extended itself and brought in a bunch of intermediate term complacency.

We will have to see how it plays out, but I really am starting to lean into the camp of the March low having the potential to be violated upon the decline. It is for this reason that I am going to initiate a hedge in the equity portfolio.

Call me Short Term/Intermediate Term Bearish here. I do remain Bullish long term.






This is a chart of the Sentiment of the equity markets. Not only are we near the area that declines usually begin, but there is a relationship with the 39 day moving average. Take a look at the chart.




No comments:

Trend Analysis LLC Headline Animator